How to Make a Mini Egg Easter Cake
If you’re thinking of cooking up a treat this Easter look no further than this easy to make Mini Egg Sponge Cake.
You will need
- 6 large eggs
- 325g of softened butter (at room temperature)
- 325g caster sugar
- 325g self raising flour (sifted)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Raspberry jam
- 300g buttercream
- Two 7″ greased cake tins
- 4 packs of mini eggs
- Sprinkles of your choice
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth
- Add the eggs, flour and baking powder
- Beat until smooth
- Divide the mixture into your cake tins and cook in the oven on 180 degrees for approximately 25 to 30 minutes
- Allow cakes to cool completely then choose which will be your base and which will be the top
- Spread jam onto the top of your base cake
- Spread an even layer of buttercream onto the base of your top cake then sandwich the cakes together
- Apply a layer approximately 5mm thick to the entire outside edges and top of your cake
- Add mini eggs in any design you like (the one pictures used up four packs of mini eggs)
- Sprinkle your sprinkles!
- Sit back and admire your cake before tasting!