What do you buy 1 year old Twins for their birthday?
I thought I would share with you what I have bought our twins for their first birthday, without recommending specific brands or products. Here goes:
* Blocks. Our girls have blocks already but the ones I have bought for them are a little different to ones I have seen before. They have these blocks at baby group and the girls really enjoy playing with them. They are little plastic blocks that click together, but the top of the blocks all have something different in them. For example, one has sequins in under a clear plastic window. M, particularly liked this one. Another, had coloured plastic on top and another had a shiny mirror on top.
* Eggs! No, not the kind you get from a chicken that you can buy in the super market! I’m talking plastic eggs! They come in a little plastic box and when you open the eggs up, little plastic chicks appear! They’re also a shape sorting game. I bought this because it looks good and it’s a bit different from the normal shape sorter toys you can buy.
* Musical band gift set. Designed specifically for babies first birthday, what better way to introduce music than to give your little one their very own band! They have a drum already, but this set includes a clip clap rattle, samba shaker, hand bell, wave drum, rainbo shaker and comes with a musical CD. Sounds like hours of fun to me!
* A tunnel! Yup, a pop up tunnel! Again, inspired by one at baby group, although the girls haven’t been near it, as the toddlers are always in it, I thought it would be great fun for them to crawl through!
* A big wooden activity cube. They also have one of these at baby group and although a little on the expensive side, I have to say it is a lovely, sturdy, classic toy. With bead mazes, peek-a-boo doors, spin and match animals and lots more activities our girls love playing with this one!
* A jack in the box. Why? Why not?! It’s colourful, fun and a classic!
What did you buy your little one for their first birthday?