1. Choose a good mattress. Choosing the right mattress for your child can make the difference between a good nights sleep or a bad night’s sleep. Making sure your childs mattress provides enough comfort and support is important, therefore it is a good idea to have a look around and see what types are available.
2. Develop a bedtime routine and stick to it. Having a regular bedtime routine will help to make the transition from day to night easier for your child. A good bedtime routine should be calm and relaxing. You could start with a gentle massage followed by a bedtime story. Don’t make bedtime too long. Keep it short and consistent.
3. Limit TV before bedtime. Any stimulation before bedtime is a no-no. If you want to help encourage your child to have a good nights sleep try turning the TV off 30 minutes before bedtime. Why not have 30 minutes of lullabies instead?
4. Giving your child a bath before bed can help relax them. You can even buy baby bath bubbles and lotions which are specifically for bedtime.
4. Choose the right nightwear and bedding. If your child is too hot or too cold it can hinder their sleep. This is also the same for your childs room. If it’s a hot night use sheets as oppose to a duvet
How do you encourage your child to have a good nights sleep?
This is a sponsored post