To read part one click here.
I didn’t intend to write two posts about Brirmums Live. However, after writing all about day one and realising how much I had to say, I thought it was best to split the two days into two posts!
Following a very busy and tiring first day, I wish I could say that I had a good nights sleep, but sadly I didn’t.
I think a combination of being away from home and a busy day had something to do with this.
The room I was in was also quite noisy so that probably didn’t help either!
Anyway, when I got out of bed ready for day two of Britmums Live it was 06.30am.
Here’s a picture I took out of my hotel window.
After a yummy cooked breakfast with Lucy and Helen we made our way to The Brewery.
I had my suitcase with me as I was leaving the same day to return home and I’m so glad that I packed light.
I really needed the extra space in my suitcase for the freebies I received.
Thankfully, The Brewery have a cloak room so I was able to check my bag in.
It didn’t take us long to spot a room full of goody bags!
I’d already planned ahead and decided what sessions I wanted to go to the night before.
As well as going to some sessions, I talked to lots of bloggers and brands.
Some of the brands were running competitions and most of them involved doing something a little bit daft!
After the fun, I caught the end of Benjamin Brooks-Dutton’s talk and after listening to what he had been through, it left me feeling quite emotional.
I bought Ben’s book and even got it signed by him!
I also briefly met Katy Hill!
Overall Britmums Live 2014 was really enjoyable.
I learnt a lot, talked a lot, met a lot of people and was also very, very tired by the end of it all!
Will I be going again next year?
My tips for Britmums Live
1. Buy an early bird ticket- on sale now! It’ll save you some money!
2. Book your train and hotel as early as you can for the best deal. The closer to the event, the more expensive your hotel will be. I paid £69 and booked a good few months in advance. Other people staying in the same hotel as me paid in excess of £200.
3. Plan your journey well in advance. Find out where your hotel is and how you will get there. If you’re using public transport find out what train or tube you need to get and how long the journey will take you. Consider walking to the venue instead of getting the tube as this will also save you money.
4. Arrange to meet up with a few bloggers before the event. I did and it really helped to settle my nerves knowing I wouldn’t be walking into it alone!
5. Try and talk to as many brands as you can on the first day. I’m so glad I did because it meant I was able to pack the freebies into my suitcase the same night and didn’t have to carry them all around with me on the second day.
6. If you do meet up with some bloggers, don’t be afraid to do your own thing. At the end of the day you’re there for you and your blog so make the most of it!
7. Keep an eye on the time! It’s so easy to get caught up in the moment chatting to bloggers and brands, but if there’s a session that you don’t want to miss, keep an eye on your watch!
8. Arrive 5-10 minutes before your session is due to start to ensure that you get a seat. One session was so busy that I was stood half in, half out the door!
9. Wear comfortable clothes! I’m so glad I wore flat shoes and comfy clothes! There’s a lot of walking around to be done and it can get quite hot!
10. Don’t be intimidated by other bloggers. I think it can be easy to get caught up in a way of thinking that some bloggers are too ‘famous’ or too ‘well edtablished’ to want to talk to you. If you want to talk to a blogger, do it!
11. Pop a canvas bag or two into your handbag so you can carry any extra freebies you may get on day two.
Will you be going next year?
My Britmums Live sponsors are: