I’ve seen a few of these bucket list posts floating around the internet so I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon and let you know our plans and hopes for 2017 too!
2016 was a pretty good for us. We had lots of lovely days out with friends and family, as well as a few school trips. We visited some new places such as Walnut Tree Farm, Castell Coch, and Greenmeadow Community Farm.
We also took part in a few different activities such as a Spooky Spider Crafts at Pughs Garden Centre, and took part in their Butterfly Ball, and we even managed to fit in a family holiday to Majorca which saw us going on our first ever holiday excursion to Marineland.
It was also the year in which our girls learnt to swim and started school. It was a pretty fun packed year and I’m hoping that 2017 will be just as fun, if not more fun!
So what our plans for 2017?
First up we have a trip to Disneyland Paris. I wrote a post which you might find helpful, if you’re planning a trip there yourself, ‘Tips for booking your trip to Disneyland Paris‘. Booking a holiday to Disney is nothing like booking an inclusive holiday to Spain. There’s so much more to think about!
So, we’re off to Disneyland Paris in the summer, which I am really excited about. We booked the Disneyland Hotel, which is something I can tick off my own personal bucket list, as I’ve always wanted to stay there and now I’m finally getting the chance too! Our girls will be five and a half years old when we go, so I think they’ll be the perfect age to enjoy it! They’re really excited about meeting some of their favourite characters, as am I!
We’re also planning a summer holiday abroad, so we’re thinking Spain again, although not Majorca this time.
In addition to those things listed above, we also have a few other things that we’d like to do this year and they are:
- Go to a family festival – I’ve never been to a festival, but I’ve always loved the idea. Camp Bestival is the one that we’ve been looking to. We’re thinking about going for the day, as oppose to camping. It looks like so much fun!
- Have a picnic in the park after school
- Go swimming more
- Visit our favourite farms and local parks such as those mentioned above, as well as Roath Park
- Visit the Wenallt Woods – These woods are just a stones throw away from our home, and yet I”m ashamed to say that I haven’t taken my children there yet! I used to go there when I was a child and climb the trees, kick a ball around and have a great time with my family! We’d have a picnic and spend most of the day there walking around and playing. In the spring the bluebells come out which is a must-see sight that I”m yet see, so I’m hoping to visit a number of times this year
- Visit the Forest Fawr Sculpture Trail. Fellow welsh blogger, Cath, from Cardiff Mummy Says has written and shared pictures of Forest Fawr Sculpture Trail and it looks like such a great place to go with the kids. This is a definite must on our list for 2017!
- Spend more time outdoors! Even if it’s just a walk down the river by our house or to our local village
- Go to a new park – There are a few parks in our local area that we haven’t taken our girls to, so again this is going to be another ‘must do’ thing for 2017!
- Eat outdoors more – Whether it’s a BBQ or picnic in the garden, I’d like to spend our hazy summer evenings eating outdoors more
- Go on the train and bus more with the kids
- Say Yes more!
What are your plans for 2017?